Wednesday, June 1, 2011

thriving outside of a religious noose PART #3



To read "Thriving Outside Of A Religious Noose"
in order, you will want to start at my
March 13, 2011 post and scroll up.


I watched Disney’s “Tangled” with my family last week and was struck with the number of analogies I saw in the story. Here was a soul, trapped and made to believe that her captivity was only in her best interest. Then when she finally escaped her captor, she felt liberated. And then her liberation scared her. Notice the confusing dialogue we heard and how spot-on that dialogue is to our confusion when we realize the deception we've been under for so many years!
“I can't believe I did this.
“I can't believe I did this.
"I CAN’T believe I DID this!
“Mother would be SO furious.
“That's OK though, I mean what she doesn't know won't kill her.
“Oh my gosh. This would kill her.
“THIS IS SO FUN!
"I am a horrible daughter. I'm going back.
“I am never going back!
“I am a despicable human being.
“Woo-hoo! Best. Day. Ever!”
[cries]
    

No comments: